- Consumers coped with the stress and uncertainty of this past year through experimental escapism, providing an anchor for turn-off-the-millennium trends to take off.
- An extreme volume trend, there are 731K average weekly searches for nostalgia. Searches are +57% to last year and are growing at an accelerated rate.
- Brands and retailers are delivering with nostalgia-inducing silhouettes, materials, and accessories. Velour tracksuits (+55% to LY) and baguette bags (+95% to LY) are safe bets, expected to continue growing over the next year, while halter dresses (+7% to LY) and silver body chains (+105% to LY) are emerging trends to watch.
- Products in the market are +27% in the last 30 days.
- TL Forecast: This trend is expected to continue growing over the next six months with 90% confidence.
If you’re interested in becoming a member and want to learn more about trends that are growing — and dying, please contact email@example.com.